through the teaching of Bruno Gröning - Company Message

Sound Poem White
You need Flash Player in order to view this.

The Life of Bruno Gröning -Biography-

Coat of arms of the City of DANZIGBruno's Birth 30./31.05.1906

Bruno Gröning was born during the night of the 30th of May 1906 in Danzig-Oliva. Danzig is a city in the far east of Europe, on the Baltic Sea and is surrounded by great forests. 

Today Danzig belongs to Poland and is called Gdansk, but at that time it still belonged to Germany. It was the birth-place of Bruno Gröning's parents and grandparents as well.

Right: Danzig Oliva, the birthplace of Bruno Gröning around the turn of the century.

Left: Surroundings of Danzig with the suburbs of Zoppot and Oliva 

Childhood and Youth 1906 - 1927

Bruno Gröning (formerly Grönkowski) was born into a poor family as the fourth of seven children. His parents were the builder August Grönkowski and his wife Margarethe. The family lived in rented accommodation in a working class district.

Georg Gröning, an (older) brother of Bruno wrote 1957:

Bruno is the third from left within his siblings"We have been seven siblings, five brothers and two sisters. We've got coequally education and guidance, and it is a distortion of facts, when newspaper and journals misleadingly stated we would have kept our brother Bruno at extremely prominent leading-strings. This was never in accordance with the facts.

Bruno Grönkowski (Gröning) as a child.

Our father, August Gröning, was an uprightly Christian and honest craftsman, a bricklayer foreman and was highly esteemed in his work. He enjoyed a good reputation at all building contractors. Through his constant efforts he reached the skills to construct buildings self-employed. Herewith he was able to lift his level of income and to establish a sound basis for his family. 1921/22 the father built a private homestead unaided.

Our mother Margarethe Gröning, nee Seidler, also came from a reputable family of tradesmen and assisted him in his job in her own way for the benefit of the family.

Indeed, it's true that our brother Bruno lived very seclusive and liked to be alone. He lived in his attitude towards life totally retreated and was a loner from earliest childhood, a "nerd" in his own space. Only when something special arrived, e.g. a birthday within the family or a holy communion, then he was present and kept to the point completely.

Already in his earliest youth the topic "Bruno" was put into the front. Always again it seemed to be a special omen for the future:

 "The little Bruno in the arms of the mother".

Even the midwife, Mrs Preuss, an elderly woman, her name I will never forget, for she was working only for our family; she told us several times, when Bruno was born: "What's going on in your family?" She just backed away from the mother's bed and said wondering: "I see a sun beam which is shining over mother and child with great brightness!"

Sometimes when the father came home shouting and cursing, loud voices were heard coming from little Bruno's room. When the frightened parents went to check, everything was calm again and the child Bruno lay peacefully in his crib. But the father would stop shouting and then walked quietly around the house.

The house in Gdansk Oliva (Danzig), where Bruno Gröning was born, Am Hasenwinkel 19, in Poland. In 1906 Gdansk still belonged to Germany. 

Family Grönkowski lived on the first floor.


The more Bruno grew , the stranger he became to the others. He was soon considered unusual and was often called "a weirdo".

Bruno Gröning realized his task at the age of 2 and a half years and often fled to nature. He felt more attracted to animals, trees and bushes than to people. He often disappeared into the nearby woods. He once wrote about it, stating:

"Here I experienced God. In every bush, in every tree, in every animal. Yes, even in the rocks. I could stand everywhere for hours - there really where no concept of time - reflecting - and I always felt inside as though my whole inner life was expanding to infinity."

"...the animals are afraid of Evil in human beings, but I'm not afraid, because I am stronger than Evil. I will show to everybody, that I am stronger! As small my body was I felt really stronger than all human beings. From this on - my body was 2 1/2 years old - I felt drawn to human beings, who were overwhelmed by Evil. Evil had wrecked down the body and people called it 'illness'..." (Copy of a handwriting by Bruno Gröning in 1949)

His parents had no sympathy for their son's escapades. When he was found and brought home after days in the woods, he was whipped and beaten black and blue.

Bruno as a child escaped to the nearby woods.Little Bruno understood now why he was alive on earth and what his task here was. Then the thought came to him:

"Aren't people your friends too? So why do I always run away from people? Animals fear the evil in people, but I am not afraid, because I am stronger than evil. I want to show everybody that I am stronger."

Bruno Gröning further wrote about his childhood in his CV (Curriculum Vitae) from 18/06/1952:
"When I was a small child in my presence sick people became free and healthy, and through a few words children and adults became completely calm during anxiety and dispute. As a child I have also experienced, that animals became gentle and tame, which were shy and fierce before. The sickness vanished from the bodies of some animals, when I softly whispered,"dear little animal, you will soon have a healthy body again", and that was what happened. 

Herein my parents, who are both dead today, my other sisters and brothers too could give substantial examples. Hence, the relationship to my parental home was peculiar and tensed. So I aspired to completely independence, to escape from the surrounding of misunderstanding of my family towards me."
Brother Georg stated:

"We children visited primary school all equally, it was the Catholic Public School in Danzig-Oliva. Bruno himself was a good average pupil.

Indeed, he didn't play with us on special games but used to go his own path. The classmates took him as he was - they had learned that he used to be in his own manner and didn't disturb him in his particularity. His beloved ones were the animals, and he payed them particular attention since early childhood.

To expand on the personal work of Bruno Gröning I can tell about his help at everybody's side, e.g. as someone of our family had tooth pain, Bruno stepped towards the pain patient and inspected the tooth for stalling the pains. Hence, he tested his beginning powers."

First World War (1914-1918) 

Brother Georg:

"At the age of eight, it was the 29th March 1914, once again Bruno showed his spiritual knowledge as a prediction, that soon a war will be expected, earned a big slap in the face from our father with the words: "Boy, what do you know from War?"

But Bruno retained on his knowledge. He knew more than we all together and he didn't ceased from his prediction. He felt the heaviness of the coming time.

It was on Saturday, 1st August 1914, when we returned from a visit of our grannies with our parents. Suddenly on the way home, not far from our house, the bells started to ring. They announced the mobilization of the arriving First World War 1914 - 1918.

Deep silence was around, a nightmare concerning the persons involved. And who was not involved in a mobilization those times? Whole Germany stood in front of a world-shattering!

Arriving home the father found his conscription order. Everything had to be prepared because the father had to go to Danzig-Neufahrwasser. He said good-bye with many good advices for us children, a consoling word for the mother. She remained now alone with us seven children. Even at the last minute Bruno stepped to the father and handed him out a little unwritten page of paper. He pointed out that he would stay far away for a long time, but nothing would harm him when always carrying the piece of paper with him. 

Then the father left with the cloak of this small, in human estimation tiny scrap of paper - and we tried to console the mother in our way.

Even the mother was called to work in a gun factory and left us in charge of our oldest sister Maria, caring for our comforts now. In 1917 also Maria was called to work and we children have been almost totally left alone.

In those times Bruno often went to Military Hospitals. Many soldiers were lying there wounded from war injuries. The wounded felt well in his presence and many became well again. His mother once went along with him to the Hospital and watched Bruno sitting besides the fieldbeds of the soldiers, talking with them and giving them strength and hope. On the way back home Bruno held his belly in great pains.

Bruno Gröning got sick by a heavy 'Red Dysentery'. He macerated very strongly and lay in fever, but enforced persistently not to lie in bed but camped finally naked on the floor for months. The doctor, Dr. Klinge, who came often to his parents had given him up. Bruno received even the Last Rites. But he overcame the illness and got healthy again. But he had missed 1 and a half years in public school.

In 1918 the father returned from War save and sound and the belief into the little piece of paper given by Bruno had us fully occupied. Under this protection he suffered no harm at his health during that time. Thinking at the presence today when Bruno Gröning is handing out a tinfoil ball to his believers, this mascot was the same value of secret protection and safety accompanying the father through four years in War.
Later it would happen again - the gift of an empty piece of paper distributed to all family members at the beginning of the II.World War in 1939. This gift would been protected and valued from us all and we will come back to it later."

Apprenticeship 1919 - 1928

Bruno Gröning wrote in his CV (Curriculum Vitae) from 27/12/1956:

"I visited Primary School.  (in German vocabulary "Volksschule" =  "public school", for Bruno Gröning it means also a school where he can study the public, the behavior of normal people - The Admin.)

After my graduation I commenced a commercial apprenticeship (retailing) up to two and a half years. At my fathers desire I had to terminate this position because his wish for me was  to learn a building trade. I followed my father's wish and learned the carpentry trade. A graduation with final exams was not possible because in Danzig were a great unemployment at those times; and the company where I learned, closed 3 month before my graduation about lack of orders. 

In the year 1925 I succeeded to become self-employed and established a construction-furniture joinery. After near two years I stopped this activity and worked as a factory- and casual worker up to the year 1943. I worked in a chocolate factory, as a telegram post-worker at the Danzig post office for 9 months, and as an electrical engineer at Siemens & Halske. Herein I've done the most work independently and with interest. First and foremost I wanted to do a practical work placement, where I could study knowledge and competence of Men (people) in all their positions, situations and social classes. This way I've learned how people create their lives.

 I didn't just look for the poorest of the poor, but also for the richest of the rich to find out how they lived. A private life, as it is understood in the usual sense (movies, pubs, card games, etc.) did not interest me."

Bruno Gröning's family in Danzig1928 

Bruno Gröning married Gertrud Cohn in Danzig.  

Bruno Gröning wrote in his CV(Curriculum Vitae) dated 27/12/1956: 

Bruno Grönings wife Gertrud with their first son HaraldBruno Grönings second son Günter

"In 1928 I married when I was 21 years old. During this marriage two boys were born: (Harald 1931 and Günter 1939) but they died both in a hospital. The elder son died in 1949 at the age of nine and the younger one, also 9 years old  in 1947.

Brother Georg wrote 1957:

"Our brother Bruno had married in Danzig-Oliva a Protestant woman, who did not want to convert to our confession (Catholicism)(...)Unfortunately she didn't recognize her own husband, not only refusing the theory of religion but also his body of work. As a direct consequence, a separation was vital (...). Children from this marriage don't live anymore"

Bruno Gröning in his CV: 

"The marriage with my first wife was unbearable to me because my wife completely missed out the point of my way of life, she couldn't get over the fact of it. - My wife had been left in Danzig together with my youngest son until 1947 and lived her life among the Russian occupying troops in Danzig.

In the year 1947 my wife arrived to BRD (Bundesrepublik Deutschland = German Federal Republic) and I lived together with her and my youngest son in Dillenburg, Germany. More than a year after the death of my youngest son (in 1949) a separation took place  from my former wife, because my wife couldn't agree on sharing her life with my mission of of charity (like in previous years). In 1955 this marriage ended in divorce".  

Left: the Dome of Danzig-Oliva, where Bruno Gröning was baptized and where he married his first wife.

Bruno Grönings first son Harald was born. 
At the end of the year Bruno Gröning accommodated Max Bruhn with his wife and child in his two-room-flat and passed to him one of the rooms.
(from 'The truth about Bruno Gröning in his homeland' by Max Bruhn, pg.1)


On 30th May 1932 Bruno Gröning und Max Bruhn went into a pub in Danzig-Langfuhr at the bus stop to bathing resort Brösen. Bruno Gröning influenced there a radio device spiritually. 
(from 'The truth about Bruno Gröning in his homeland' by Max Bruhn, pg.1)

The Grönkowski family changed their name into Gröning in general tendency of German population to Germanize Polish sounding names.

Bruno Gröning's mother died.   Bruno's second son, Günter, was born. 

Brother Georg wrote:
Fortunately our mother didn't need to experience the II.World War with all of his totally destruction of material goods and souls. As fate has ordained it good with her, so she wouldn't had stand the consequences of a second blood shedding for she was high sensitive; and she would had never overcome the following events such as the tragical expulsion and displacement from home.

At outbreak of II. WW in 1939 Bruno was drafted as a soldier like all of us brothers and had been sent to the front. Fate had ordained him a healthy return as well.

Again his foresight showed up when he came home on holiday in 1944. He pointed on a expulsion and displacement of all borderers. At those times nobody thought upon such event and the thought alone seems unbelievable to us.
In actual fact, 1945 this point of time has come - bearing in mind the words of our brother Bruno - when we had to leave our homeland. Therefore his prediction was fulfilled.

We had to leave our father, because he was too old and invalid for such exertions. It was clear to us, that a reunion with our 74-year-old father was almost impossible. But only after five month the prediction of our brother Bruno came true: Father called up at our Aunt in Magdeburg, where we children deposited a collecting-address; and in 1946 it was granted to him to meet all his children again over Magdeburg-Bahrendorf. That was a joyful experience for us, and we children considered it as a great and special gift."

Ernst Kohn, a neighbor of Bruno Gröning from Danzig affirmed: 

"I, Ernst Fritz Hans Kohn, born on 8th January 1921 in Danzig-Heubude, now living in Danzig (...), affirm on oath, that Mr. Bruno Gröning, (...) during our familiarity as being neighbors in Danzig-Langfuhr, Magdeburger Str. 77, stated following:
"Ernst, the War will last for a long time, Poland will underlie, France will succumb as well. But Germany won't be larger through this conquest but smaller. They will divide Germany." Then he showed me the borders of zones as they actually are today.

Mr. Bruno Gröning already helped many people through his radiation and did predictions, which always came true. He even predicted the death of my mother. Bruno Gröning'ss Healing Powers and their effects I had felt already during the years of our neighborhood in Danzig-Langfuhr. Often I was cured from pains. Also my wife Frieda Kohn, nee Pettke can testify that, when she met Bruno Gröning after our wedding in 1940." 

On 05/21/1949, Mrs. Charlotte Adam, Wickrath, Sandstraße 51, delivers the following declaration about Mr. Bruno Gröning:  
"I know Mr. Gröning since 1928 from Danzig, which is my hometown. Mr. Gröning has already at that time shown interest in spiritual matters and helped people and carried out healing. I have knowledge about 20 cases, which also were successful. I have been one of them.   In 1932, I caught a tonsillitis and I had 2 physicians to help me. The 1st physician was Dr. Hollotz, from Danzig-Langfuhr, Neuer Markt 12 und Dr. Hewilke, from Langfuhr. Mr. Bruno Gröning appeared in my room and stayed a while, gave me a piece of bread to eat, which I was not able to eat, however. Subsequently, he told my husband, tonight at 8 pm it will be decided. The next morning Dr. Hollotz appeared with the words: „A miracle has taken place here,!“ From this time on, I have no longer been suffering from any throat disease.   I can also give much evidence about, where Mr. Gröning has helped children, e.g.  spinal paralysis and who couldn’t hear and see. In all cases it has worked. 

We and the people he had helped, were puzzled and are still today. Previously, we have racked our brains about, how this can be. My husband has worked with Mr. Gröning spiritually day and night to reach the goal.  
 In addition, Mr. Gröning has dealt with issues, not at all belonging to the point here. However, I still would like to mention them here. For instance he has dealt with radio receivers, cars. He hasn’t touched the radio receiver and it was switched off at his request. Radio tubes, really out of function, he has restored to work again.  
 Through the war we were separated. The last mail (of him) we received from a hospital (in) Kolberg (in) 1944. From then on any trace of him was missing. We already thought he was dead. Suddenly, unexpectedly, May 18th,1949, I got hold of (a copy of) Westdeutsche Zeitung, where I stated, that the work of Bruno Gröning was not in vain, which he had carried out at the time, 18 years earlier. 
I didn’t want to believe it, though, and had sent my son Waldemar to Herford, who returned Friday, May 20th, 1949 and said, „You have to go there and visit uncle Bruno“, which I did emmidiately. The way he has saved my life, he definitely can help many thousand people whether (they are) poor or rich, it doesn’t matter. I owe Mr. Gröning the greatest thanks. Therefore, I ask from the bottom of my heart to give Mr. Bruno Gröning licence to work.
 Signed Charlotte Adam

World War II (1939 - 1945)

Bruno Gröning was called up for military service. He was enrolled into an anti-tank gunner unit and stationed at the Eastern Front, in the former Soviet Union. 
Bruno Gröning said: "Whether you send me to the front or not, I simply won't shoot anybody. I can't do that."

For this reason they wanted to court-martial him. He could have been sentenced to death there. But in the end he was sent to the front anyway, where enemy soldiers met and fought one another. But even then Bruno Gröning's main wish was to HELP OTHERS.
Even at the front he used every opportunity to work for his mates or for the people. Because he was in a column of tanks as a tank driver in that time he crashed like "coincidently" against that store and afterwards the starving people of that village could pick up the relieved food supplies for themselves and survived...In the horror of war he never killed anyone, but helped many people.The time between the two world wars was a time of preparation for his later work. He endured bitter experiences in order to understand people in every life situation better and learn to sympathize with their distress.

Bruno Gröning was made a prisoner of war in Russia. 

Let us listen to him self, when he talked about that terrible time on a recorded tape from 6th October 1958 in Springe:

“Now, my dear friends, one question: Are you present too? Do you know, dear friends, how big need and misery are on this earth through Evil, through the War at all. Can you imagine or do you have just a little idea, how human beings have to suffer and starve today? How nations have become even trade objects? How people cannot be accommodated and how much one have to do for helping the person who has fallen prey into that misery, that danger?

Now I tell you something, what I have experienced here in Germany. It was a pretty long time when they have put me in uniform and I should have fight against the enemy. I was also weaponed with pistol  and munitions, they have set me on a tank, and there have been two missiles too, once the big one and second the MG-Missile, yes, and now I should kill the enemy. From the outset I had mentioned open and honestly to the former German Reichsführung or how they called themselves: 

I will kill NOBODY! I know my task how I have to stand against the enemy – the Evil. This I will do, but never hurt a human body. 

Of course I ‘ve got difficulties, but I dont want to tell you more about. And so I got roped into Russian War imprisonment. There I was needed too, although they wanted to make my way free, that would be allowed to go home earlier. Because of that I have offered them my head. And this because I’ve said before: 

This day and this hour the War will be finished – and if not – I offer my head. 

The Russian prudently has realised my statement. If this wont happened like that I would have lost my head. But I was allowed to make this statement because to give them destined things on their path.

Before they have spared no effort, that they wanted to execute me, because I have opposed unlawfully (against the head of state and army, also the Russian). Without fear, dear friends. How Life is destined by GOD so the death is as well and the salvation. Nobody can assasinate you before. One cannot extend life, what you call life, your presence here on earth, and nobody can shorten it. (...)

God has destined life because God IS LIFE! (....)

So I have been there some months, although I should have been exempted, when it’s true that the war is over then, I will come free. All documents heve been displayed, I would have come free now. BUT (I asked the Russian:) 

What are you doing now with the German Landsers (Infanterists) what are you doing now with my German comrades? Do you release them with me? Then it would be okay. 

“No” he said “they all are going to Russia.” 

 Then I’ll go with them. And so I went with my comrades to Russia. Not walked by feet, but packed up in a cattle waggon, days and weeks underway. I won’t report everything here, don’t worry. I was there up to nine months. And I have come home – thats also destination, nobody can do something against it, also the Russian not. Coincidentally the day and hour was true as well, as I had become free again. (...)

It was nessescary that I have been in Russia, that I have been in prison too, because I could help my neighbour, my comrade, who had to suffer the same misery, that I could build him up - not down. Not only speak about courage but give them courage, that means: so much strength that they were able to receive it right there. And believe me friends, not only the prisoners has done like that, but there have been Russians too, who should have act against us but couldn’t do it anymore after. And therefore the way was free, so that our Landsers  - like you say our compatriots had not to suffer so much anymore, in contrary, so that they also have felt something like freedom.”

Listen to this excerpt from the tape, recorded 06.10.1958:

BG: Now my dear friends, one question: are you present too?
Tape rec. in Springe, 06.10.1958
You need Flash Player in order to view this.

Fellow prisoners suffering from dropsy in the detention camps experienced healings through the help of Gröning. He was released from captivity and made his way to Western Germany. He worked as a casual labourer on farms in Hessian Haigerseelbach (Borough of Dillkreis), and rented a flat in Dillenburg. 

While Bruno was back in Dillenburg, his wife stayed in Danzig with their second son, Günter. Now, in 1947, Bruno Gröning sent for his family. Günter became seriously ill and died, at the age of eight/nine. His wife was very disappointed that her husband couldn't help their own son and wanted to forbid him from doing any helping activities. 

Sick people, asking for help and healing, increasingly visited Bruno Gröning. 

At the beginning of the year, Bruno Gröning separated from his wife. He felt it was his duty to share the healing powers that he possessed with all people. He said: "I don't belong to individuals, I belong to humanity!"

The Miracle of Herford 1949
At 1949, Bruno Gröning was still living in the Ruhrgebiet (Ruhr area in North-Rhine-Westfalia). Then an engineer invited him to the town of Herford to visit his sick son.

Dieter Hülsmann was 9 years old and lived with his parents in the Westfalian town Herford, Williams Place (Wilhelmsplatz) No. 7. 
He suffered from muscular dystrophy and was immobile, lying in bed for several weeks. Taken to several doctors and professors by his parents none of them was able to help this boy. 

In March 15 Bruno Gröning visited the Hüslmann family and spoke to the boy. Afterwards the child was able to get up, walk and even climb stairs. His parents were overjoyed and Engineer Helmut Hülsmann, Dieter's father, informed the press about the healing his son Dieter had received, as a result of which Bruno Gröning's name made headlines overnight. 

Day by day more people seeking help and healing arrived in Herford. More and more people heard about this mysterious event. Further healing occured and Gröning's name was on everyone's lips. The newspaper called him "miracle doctor". Very soon people all over Germany were talking about the strange man who could simply make illnesses disappear. 

Thousands of seekers of help streamed into Herford. Crowds of people camped around the Hülsmann house in Wilhelmsplace.

Bruno Gröning delivered many speeches here, during which he appealed for trust and belief in God and the necessity of a true Christian lifestyle. Numerous healings occurred, not only during his talks, but also in his absence.

In June 1949 a reporter described the conditions in Herford this way: "It was an indescribable picture of misery. There were innumerable lame people in wheel chairs, others who were carried by their relatives, blind people, deaf mutes, mothers with retarded and lame children, little old women and young men, all of them groaning and pressing together in front of the house. Almost a hundred cars, trucks and busses were parked in the square and they all came from far away. 

"Do you believe that you will be healed?" I asked the sick. They nodded. "You should have been here yesterday", one of them replied to me.Mr. Gröning was in Viersen in the Rhineland and five paralyzed people stood up here in the courtyard and went home healthy. That was healing at a distance: just being in the yard made them healthy". The other sick people confirmed.

In a brochure, 
A.Kaul, doctor of philosphy, 
gave an impressive description of the siituation in front of the Hülsmann House:

"Among the seekers of healing who are waiting at 7 Wilhelmsplatz there are also some English men and women who have heard about Gröning's fame.One German doctor appeared promptly with three of his patiens. First a young man with Tuberculosis of the lungs and bones and with a stiffened left leg, second, a boy paralyzed in both legs, and third a young girl with chronic nervous headaches.

Gröning does not do any diagnoses. Speaking directly to the young man with TB, he tells him to pay particular attention to the bones in his left leg. 

"What do you feel now?"
"A hot stream is flowing through my body."
"And now?"
"It's tingling in my left leg"
"Now lift your leg as high I am doing, now!"

Gröning shows him how, lifting his own leg up to his belly. The young man hesitates.

"You can do it as well as I can!" Without any visible strain the sick man lifts the leg that had been so stiff into the same position. In disbelief he looks first on his leg, then at his doctor.

"Can it be possible? I can move my leg!"
"You'll get healthy, but it will take some time. Write to me!" And to the doctor:
"Keep me informed!"

The boy paralized in his both legs is sitting next to his mother with his two crutches.

"My boy, get up!" Gröning said 
The mother interrupts: "He can't get up, he is lame!" 
Gröning turns his head:
"You should not say that!" he tells her, almost severely
"You hold on to your child's illness! Get up, my boy, you can do it!"

Red spots appear on the boy's thin face, his mouth trembles and tears roll from his eyes. The many people standing in the room are moved. They watch as the boy rises from the armchair, standing there, alone, without his crutches.

"And now come to me!" With unsteady steps he walks towards Gröning, who takes him by the hand, looking into his eyes for a long time. Lovingly he strokes over the child's head and sends him back to his mother.

"Keep exercising slowly!" he said "Don't demand to much! The legs are still too weak. Use the crutches once more going home, but you'll soon be able to throw them away!"
A boy's happy eyes and a happy mother are his thanks.

The young girl with the Chronic headaches is already healed before Gröning addresses her. No, she has no more pain.
"Do you want the pain back?"
"No, no, for God's sake, not!" comes the reply from her lips. What about the doctor? He had been watching speechlessly. He offers his hand to Gröning, saiying, "Mr. Gröning, I am totally at your disposal. I am committing myself to you!"

The Ban

More and more  healings occured. More and more people came to Herford. So it didn' take long before the authorities became alert to the strange happenings on the Wilhelmsplatz. Some influential doctors took it upon themselves to ask the town council to put an end to the activities around the "miracle doctor".  

On May 3rd 1949, on their insistence, the town of Herford issued Bruno Gröning with a healing ban. 

Herford’s Chief Municipal Director, Mr. Meister, subsequently banned Gröning’s actions, as they apparently infringed the “Heilpraktikergesetz” (a German law against healing or non-medical practitioners). 


Gröning left Herford and asked his co-worker, Egon Arthur Schmidt, to found the group called the “Circle of Bruno Gröning’s Friends”. 


Bruno Gröning travelled to Hamburg, in the hope of continuing his healing mission there, but the Hamburg Chief Municipal Director banned him from public speaking, as a result of which Bruno Gröning left. 


The magazine “Revue” offered to have Bruno Gröning’s abilities clinically tested. 

Bruno was pleased to cooperate, and travelled to the University Clinic of Heidelberg, where his 'methods' were supervised by a commission of medical practitioners, under the surveillance of the Marburg psychologist and medical practitioner, Prof. Dr. H.G. Fischer. These tests officially confirmed the curative effects of the healings.  However, it was recommended that he continue his healing work strictly within a medical environment. 

After closing the Heidelberg experiments, Bruno Gröning turned towards South Germany in August 1949. He wanted to escape the commotion going around him.

Bruno Gröning meets Leo Harwart, far right
In Southern Germany, Bruno Gröning became acquainted with Leo Harwart, the owner of a horse-breeding estate near Rosenheim. Grateful for the healing of a close relative, Harwart offered his estate, “Traberhof”, as a place for Bruno's healing work. 

When the press leaked information on Gröning’s whereabouts, huge numbers of people flocked to the estate for several weeks. Numerous visitors received healings – amongst them patients with 'incurable' ailments. 

Dramatic scenes occurred, unbelievable things happened. One of the many newspapers that reported from the "TRABERHOF" was the "Zeitungsblitz". In September 1949 it reported:

"More than 10,000 people had gathered there in the meantime, all of whom have been waiting for hours in the glowing heat for the great moment when Gröning stepped out onto the balcony, speaking to the crowd and radiating his healing energy.

The people stood tightly together to get the full benefit of his "healing rays". Reactions soon began among the most severely ill in their wheelchairs and armchairs, or among individuals standing on the edge of the crowd. 

Once again half-blind people began to see. Once again, handicapped people began to rise up. And once again paralyzed people began to move their stiff limbs. Hundreds reported of increasing pain in the diseased areas, as well as aches, stabbing and tingling, or sensing an indescribable "light feeling" or of suddenly disappearing headaches." 

However, even Rosenheim Gesundheitsamt (the local health authority) was of the opinion that Bruno Gröning was in breach of the healing practitioner law. Hence Bruno Gröning started making plans to establish healing sanatoriums where he could work with official authorisation, accompanied by medical doctors. He requested permission in Bavaria to work in accordance with official regulations relating to healing, while also complying with the healing practitioner law. He pleaded with those in search of healing not to come to see him at “Traberhof” anymore; it was his intention that, as soon as the proposed sanatoriums were established, they would be advertised to the public. From that time onwards, Bruno Gröning delivered his speeches only to small groups of people in the town of Bad Wiessee. 

Film director Rolf Engler made the documentary “Gröning”. The film premiere was shown at cinemas in Munich, Essen and Gelsenkirchen. 


Otto Meckelburg and his wifeBusinessman Otto Meckelburg offered his services as manager to Bruno Gröning and founded an association called “The Society for Research into Gröning’s Methodology of Healing". Meckelburg became executive manager of this association and made a contract with Bruno Gröning, whereupon Gröning was expected to dedicate his services exclusively to that association. 

Bruno Gröning offered Otto Meckelburg his full trust and put himself totally at his disposal.
In January 1950 Meckelburg founded the "Association for Research into Gröning's Healing Methods". He himself became the business manager, drawing a monthly salary of 1,000 Marks, which was a lot of money in those days. Bruno Gröning got nothing. 
Soon it became evident that Meckelburg did not care about what Bruno Gröning wanted and which goals he had. Even sick people who still came in crowds to Bruno Gröning did not interest him. Meckelburg only saw a source of money in the "miracle worker" and made fun of him as "the best horse in his stable". He had bound Bruno Gröning with a contract, and Gröning had to do what he demanded. Meckelburg made a lot of money during that time, but he didn't build up the sanatoria. Later on, during a court trial he said: "I never had personal interest in the sanatoria!"

Gröning gave lectures to 30 – 120 people at events organised by Meckelburg in hotels and restaurants in Wangerooge (an Island in the North Sea), Oldenburg, Mittenwald and Werlte, Emsland Region. Amongst other things, Meckelburg promised healing – against the explicitly expressed wish of Bruno Gröning – to Ruth Kuhfuß, who suffered from tuberculosis on both lungs and subsequently died. 

In June 1950 Bruno Gröning separated himself from Meckelburg, who was a die-hard Nazi and a commander of a concentration camp during the War. By then Gröning's name had been ruined by his manager's dishonest practises. Meckelburg swore revenge, saying: "I will get Gröning down. I will break all his bones!" 

After cut-off with Meckelburg, Bruno Gröning came in contact with a health practitioner from Munich, Eugen Enderlin. This man had received healing at the studfarm "Traberhof" and offered to Bruno Gröning his home for talks and lectures.. Here too, many healings took place, but Mr. Enderlin turned out to be a money maker as well. 

Eugen Enderlin and Bruno GröningEnderlin has promised to write an official document that was to prove that Bruno Gröning's work had nothing to do with the legally protected activity of health practitioners. If Enderlin would had done so, then Bruno Gröning would had not broken the law and a healing ban against him would be not justified. The path for Bruno Gröning to work freely would have been free this way. But it should not be. Bruno Gröning himself wrote about that occasion: "Mr. Enderlin did not keep his promise, but took huge sums of money for himself and I did not get a single penny. That money Mr. Enderlin used to buy a Villa in Feldafing for himself and filled it with new furniture.

Towards the end of 1950 Bruno Gröning separated from Enderlin as well. In 1952-53 a second try of cooperation failed for the same reason. So Enderlin still had nothing but his own profit in mind.

During a talk in Munich on August 31, 1950 Bruno Gröning explained: "What some people haven't left untried was to make money from this little man with his knowledge and know how. They believed they had found a gold mine. In part they have got the chance to make some money, but - thank God - it was no benefit for them!"

The Bavarian Ministry of Interior Affairs contested the practice of healing within sanatoriums. 

When Bruno Gröning lectured at the healing practice of Eugen Enderlin. he met his second wife, Juliane (Josette) Dufossé, who was initially his secretary. 

Munich’s health authority ordered Bruno Gröning to cease all healing treatments immediately. Gröning was of the opinion that his work was not a “treatment”, and he continued to lecture to small groups.  There followed punitive action from the district court in Munich, as a result of the offence against the healing practitioner law of the time. Gröning raised objections against this.

Bruno Gröning regularly lectured to 15 – 30 people in the healing practice of practitioner Cäcilie Scheuerecker at Grafing, near Munich. 

Bruno Gröning lectured all year, initially in Grafing at Scheuerecker’s practice, then sporadically in Hameln, and later on regularly once again at Enderlin’s practice at Feldafing, near Starnberger See. Towards the end of that year, he gave lectures at private apartments, and at the “Aindorfer Hof” inn, Munich. 

The Munich district jury court acquitted Bruno Gröning of the charges against him under the healing practitioner law. The prosecuting lawyer lodged an appeal against this decision. Gröning, however, was acquitted of infringing the healing practitioner law by Munich’s district court, on appeal. 

For the time being, Bruno Gröning continued to give lectures at Enderlin’s practice, which were attended by 30 – 50 people. The partnership with Enderlin broke off once again, and Gröning left Enderlin, this time for good. 
In order to ensure protection for his activities, Gröning established an umbrella association named “Gröning-Bund” at Murnau-Seehausen. Several societies or communities, which had been formed in various areas, joined this association. The managing committee was comprised of: Rudolf Bachmann, Anny Freiin Ebner von Eschenbach, Bernhard Graf von Matuschka, Konstantin Weisser, Hermann Riedinger, Egon Arthur Schmidt and Graf von Zeppelin. Gröning himself was president, appointed for life. 

Gröning continued to give lectures, along with others, at the castle of Graf Zeppelin in Aschhausen near Heilbronn, in his private apartment at Grafrath (Bavaria), the hostel “Schweiz” in Munich, and in Rosenheim and Graz. 

Once again, Bruno Gröning was found guilty of repeatedly infringing the ban on healing and, additionally, he was accused of manslaughter in the case of Ruth Kuhfuß. 

The divorce with his former wife, Gertrud Gröning, went through. The same year, at 25th June Gröning married Josette Dufossé and subsequently moved with her to Plochingen on the river Neckar. 

Bruno Gröning gave lectures, especially in Southern Germany, but also at Westfalia, Lower Saxony, Northern Germany and Austria. 

Together with his wife Josette, he travelled to France and visited among other areas, the place of pilgrimage, Lourdes. 

Bruno Gröning in Lourdes at Grotte de Massabielle

Bruno Gröning went to Freiburg, along with his wife and solicitor, Dr. Schwander. At the University Hospital of Freiburg, he underwent a neurological assessment in order to prove his accountability according to criminal law. 

Gröning continued with his lecture tours in Germany, Austria and Northern Italy. 

Preparations for the trial against him, due to his apparent infringement of the healing ban, as well as the manslaughter charges, cost Gröning much time. The jury-court in the Munich area sentenced him, despite all efforts made, to a fine of 2000 DM or 100 days imprisonment. He was acquitted of the manslaughter charges.
The Attorney General of public prosecution appealed against the judgment. That appeal was directed against the plea of  "not guilty" for  manslaughter and against the degree of penalty concerning the repeated offence against the healing practitioner’s law.

Once again Gröning travelled to France. He stayed mainly in Mimizan, in the Bay of Biscay and at the Côte d’Azur. He also travelled to Lourdes for four days and to Spain for a day. He returned to Germany, via Switzerland. 

Bruno Gröning in front of Sacre Coeur ParisThe diagnosis was advanced stomach cancer.  Although Dr. Grobon advised an immediate operation, Gröning returned to Germany for a couple of days. Since he wasn’t able to personally participate at the friends' Christmas celebrations, he recorded his address on an audiotape. 

He returned to Paris, together with his wife, in order to be operated on by Dr. Grobon.  Gröning then returned to Germany, against the advice of Dr. Grobon, who believed that Gröning would soon die. 

At Plochingen, meetings were held, together with Gröning and his closest friends. 

Bruno Gröning with his surge Dr. Bellanger 
Final discussions were held at the beginning of January, between Bruno Gröning, his secretary and the chairmen of the club.

Following this, Gröning and his wife flew to Paris, in order for him to undergo another operation. On the same day as the operation, the charges of involuntary manslaughter and repeated infringement of the healing practitioner law continued in his absence from Bavaria’s highest regional court in Munich.

A verdict was never reached, due to Bruno Gröning's death in Paris, on 26th January, 1959 in 5 Rue Henner, Saint Georges.

                       THE END?????

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint